Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ringing In The New Year

I'm ringing in the New Year with two very special people, two of my most favorite people in the world, they mean the world to me...

 My little Cowboy
and my Honey~Girl.
 
We've just had dinner and are now getting comfy in our jammies and are going to pop in a Disn@y movie.  What better way to spend New Year's Eve?
 
2013 was a hard year.  February 2013 found us fighting for daddy's life.  He was diagnosed with lung cancer.  The prognosis didn't sound so bad.  Heck if you had to have cancer the prognosis of living a fairly normal life with a fairly normal life span due to the slow growing cancer didn't sound all that bad.  Unfortunately, that "normal life span" lasted a total of three weeks.  Yes, three weeks after presenting to the oncologist Daddy was dancing with Jesus.
 
It was a fierce three weeks. I've never been prouder of my Daddy. Daddy always taught us to never, ever give up.  Always do our best, that is all that mattered.  Giving it your all.  A winner NEVER quits and a quitter NEVER wins.  Daddy lived this advice he gave his children and grandchildren to his very last breath.
 
There is something else Daddy taught us all, which he lived to his very last breath...Over and over as different doctors came to talk to Daddy in his hospital room, giving him the grim prognosis of there was nothing more they could for him, it was all in the hands of "the Man upstairs" my Fighter~Man superhero of a Daddy looked each and every one of those medical professionals in the eye and professed "I HAVE A GREAT BIG GOD AND I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES."
 
 Daddy spent the last 11 days of his life in the hospital.  One of those days he went thru three very aggressive rounds of chemo therapy to try to arrest the spread of the cancer.  Daddy came thru the treatment that day like a heavy weight champion of the world...it didn't even phase him.  His faith and attitude were incredible till his very last breath.
 
Daddy went from my arms to Jesus' arms on February 18, 2013.  I feel so privileged to have been able to hold Daddy in my arms until he walked thru the gates of heaven.
 
There is something else Daddy taught us all, it was his mantra so to speak and it goes like this
 
"I LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT"
 
Not only did we lose Big Daddy in February 2013, September 2013 was just as devastating to us as a family.  Our little grandson, Liam Thomas, was due to be born November 23, 2013.  Liam arrived September 18, 2013.  Our little man survived almost two hours before leaving us to dance with Jesus.
 
Why?  Why?  Why?
 
We may never know the answer to that question.  We do know our hearts are heavy as we head into 2014.  Christmas was hard without Liam and Daddy.  It was hard to be jolly and get into the spirit of the season with so much pain in our hearts.
 
I am so thankful for Jesus.  Knowing Daddy and Liam celebrated Jesus' birthday with Him, the King of Kings, helped to ease my pain.
 
How I miss my two special guys.  But if they had to be someplace other than here on earth with me, what better place to be than walking the streets of gold, praising and rejoicing with Jesus himself?
 
May 2014 be filled with family, love, peace, joy, and Jesus.
 
Love you no matter what,
~s

No comments:

Post a Comment