Saturday, January 29, 2011

70 x 7

70 x 7 = 490



That is exactly how many times Jesus tells us we are to forgive people who are mean, nasty, and just plain evil towards us. Seems like an awful lot of times...so what happens when you surpass 490...do you still have to forgive?



Personally, I think by the time you reach 490, it will be so ingrained in you to forgive who ever this person or people are, you continue to do it because it has become a habit and because it is the right thing to do. Just like Jesus would.



Jesus also tells us we are to pray for our enemies and these evil people who pride themselves on causing others pain. I guess their own lives must not be so happy and cheery if they have nothing better to do than to try to cause harm and misery to others. Seriously, if their own lives were as fulfilling and happy as they say, why would they waste time on trying to harm others? It takes a lot of energy to be hateful and hate filled.



Let's face it, it isn't the easiest thing to pray for people who are mean. Honestly, what's that saying - MEAN PEOPLE SUCK? It's true, but we are still commanded to pray for them. And even if it is not heartfelt, we're still supposed to do it. Seriously, how heart felt can you get towards someone who only wants to cause you misery and pain?



God tells us to. And I am sure God knows it isn't heart felt. But I don't think that is the point. I think the point of it all is, we're being obedient to God when we do it. And I know if you continue to pray for who ever these mean people are in your life, it gets easier. And it gets more sincere. And so what if they don't even know you are praying for them, GOD KNOWS! And that is all that matters. Being obedient to my Father in Heaven.



I have the New Living Translation One Year Bible, and I've been reading it faithfully and am completely up to date on my reading. Each day before I open it I ask God to help me understand and retain what I am reading. And guess what? It is happening. I am absorbed, interested, entertained, enlighted. I AM HOOKED.



I AM HOOKED ON READING MY BIBLE!



I want to keep on reading, and I probably will start doing just that. Who knows, I may finish in less than a year!



I used to read my bible regularly, I've read thru several of the different books, but it seemed like a chore at times. I read it becuase I knew I should. But now, my heart has changed. I am enjoying getting to know my Savior even more intimately by studying His word.



Mercy, was Pharaoh a big, fat, pig headed jerk or what? I'm like, dude, seriously? Egypt's entire water system being turned into blood, frogs crawling all over the place, gnats covering everything and everybody, boils on your animals and all the people, all your livestock dropping dead, flies all over the place, the worst hail storm EVER in Egypt and you still are screwing around with God?



WHAT AN IDIOT!

I am seeking after God. Craving for an intimacy that only He can fill. And, the only way to get it is to search His word, to spend time with Him each and every day. To pray without ceasing. To talk to Him, like I was talking to a friend. Because He is my friend. And He loves me unconditionally. Forever and ever and ever and ever. HE just rocks my world and it is so stinkin' AWESOME!

I want to be more like Jesus. I want to learn to love those mean people who suck. I want to learn to turn the other cheek. Because that is what my sweet Jesus does. And I want to be like Him. And I want to be His hands and feet.





Lord, continue to break my heart for the things that break yours.


Resting in the SON,

~s

1 comment: