Friday, December 3, 2010

CHOSEN

Beautifully written by Rachel from Embracing Africa - theorens.blogspot.com

"We are extremely convicted by the truth that the Gospel is tied to adoption. It is. You can't argue it. You can't debate it. You can't put it into the box of "God's will" or "not God's will." You just can't.

But while so many Christians sit around and chat about the common phrases of "God's will," "His timing," and the like, millions of children sit... and wait, and wait. Especially the older children, those children who are less likely to ever be welcomed into a family. Those children who are less likely to ever be "chosen."

Adoption can't be sought merely for compassion's sake or for a massive tug on your heart strings, or because you think it will be all rainbows and unicorns, because it's not. It's more than that. My mind replays the words "chosen," and being "bought with a price" in relation to Jesus choosing me!

It certainly wasn't convenient for Him- He left a perfect heaven where he was perfectly adored to come after me, to choose me.

It certainly was costly- it cost Him everything! It cost Him His life.

It certainly is difficult- I am sinful. I am stubborn. I often refuse His love. I often think I know better than Him. I often neglect His perfect and sovereign wisdom in my life.

But still... he chose me and would choose me again in a heartbeat. I am His. I have been CHOSEN. "

Resting in the SON,
~s

1 comment: